A small quiz on advertising to celebrate Quinkie's 5th anniversary. kudos to Murali and all regular contributors/participants for making the group lively
1. Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks, read the offer document carefully before investing” must now be displayed and read out for at least __ seconds in television and radio ads
2. Images of Gmail-branded soap have been circulating around internet, while many dismissed it as a photoshop job by some chap, it was actually a campaign done by Gmail. What was specifically promoted in this campaign?
3. Which concept/technique was first introduced in 1985 by Dr. Edward Forrest in a study of VCR users and later elaborated upon in the article, "Segmenting VCR Owners" published in the Journal of Advertising Research
4. A major change Google made in early March to its AdWords algorithm resulted in a increase in ad rates and decrease in conversion rates. Disgruntled advertisers have dubbed the move as what
5. Which company has created one of the biggest billboards in Europe, measuring in at 65,000 sq. ft
6. Team Detroit, is a joint venture of six agencies (JWT, Y&R, Wunderman, Ogilvy, Mediaedge:cia and MindShare) to focus on which company business.
7. Identify the logo
8. Which agency was, founded by Scott Goodson and named after the rare and poisonous frog. “In a world of dinosaurs, it's good to be a frog” is one of the guiding principles
9. Connect — Haute Curry, Mario Zegnoti , Vetorio Fratini and, Push & Shove
10. The agency had organized,a weekly service called "Hollywood Personalities," which provided 125 leading newspapers with descriptions of the products worn by movie stars.The agency defined the products target audience as "some 70 million people 15 years and over whose opinion we hope to influence in support of our objectives.". Identify the agency and client
11. Identify the famous advertising legend. His most famous quote is "Advertising doesn't create a product advantage. It can only convey it."
12. Identify the famous personality. He is father of global journalism. Established world’s oldest news agency and the first worldwide information agency, in 1835
P.S- Answers only to participants.Please Don't leave answers as comments to the post,send it to praneeth82 at gmail dot com